Traductor
Units converter
Advertising
Quotes on line
2015 CONEXPO LATINAMERICA
2015 World Crane and Transport Summit
2014 International Cranes and Transport Latin America
World of Concrete 2015


   Search News
RSS
MOP, region VII to fund US$239mn roadworks (Chile)
2011-03-28

Chile's public works ministry (MOP) and the government of south-central region VII have signed an agreement to finance a 115bn-peso (US$239mn) program for roads, highways and bridges.

MOP will provide 59% of the funds, with the regional government covering the remaining 41%, the ministry said in a release.

The initiative involves construction of a new bridge over the Maule river between the towns of San Clemente and Colbún, improvements on highway Ruta K-40 and Ruta J-70I and construction of the southern Talca beltway.

Other projects include the San Clemente and Teno bypasses, the northern Linares beltway and southern access to the Llico bridge, as well as improvements to existing roadways in the region.

The ministry will also complete engineering designs for a coastal highway in the north of the region and a prefeasibility study for a southern coastal highway.

LA HUERTA BRIDGE

MOP minister Hernán de Solminihac and regional governor Rodrigo Galilea opened the La Huerta bridge on the border of Talca and Curicó provinces.

The project cost some 6.52bn pesos and aims to improve connectivity between highway Ruta 5 and the northern coast of the region.

The bridge will reduce travel time between regional capital Talca and the town of Hualañé from two hours to 45 minutes, the release said.


Send this publication to a friend




More news
Shakeup at Ferrobaires over February accident (Argentina)
Argentina's Buenos Aires provincial government has replaced several high-ranking officials at state-owned rail operator Ferrobaires following a rail accident in February this year. ...
Paraíba pushing to speed up PAC projects (Brazil)
Brazil's federal and Paraíba state governments are discussing projects under the country's growth acceleration plan (PAC) aimed at improving transportation logistics in the northeastern stat ...
Interoceánica Sur generating US$3bn - Ositran (Peru)
Peru's 2,500km Interoceánica Sur highway has generated economic benefits of over US$3bn for the country, according to transport regulator Ositran president Juan Carlos Zevallos. ...